Staying on track with potty training when away from home
Getting in a potty training routine at home is one thing, but what happens when you’re away from home?
It’s important to stay consistent when potty training, so when you’re out and about, try to stick to your routine as much as possible. Using pull up pants on journeys ensures little ones are protected from accidents, but are still learning while on the move.
Although being in a new situation can present a few challenges, you shouldn’t worry about taking your little one on the road. A little preparation goes a long way.
- Encourage your little one to go to the loo just before you leave home, as this will limit the need to rush to the toilet when you’re half way around the supermarket.
- Once you arrive at your destination, locate the nearest toilet and let your toddler have a look-see for later.
- Toddlers are easily distracted by new environments, so remind your little one when it’s time to visit the loo.
- Always pack a change of clothes, pull up pants, some wipes, and a zip-lock plastic bag for any wet clothing.
- For longer journeys, bring a potty, travel potty or toddler training seat with you.