Choosing the right pregnancy pillow for your back and your bump
What to look for when choosing a pregnancy pillow and a round-up of some of the best on the market
As your bump gets bigger, finding a comfortable sleeping position can get tougher, but pregnancy pillows can help.
Their distinctive shape is designed to help you find a comfortable position for you bump and can also help support your back during the night.
How to choose the right pregnancy pillow
As with any purchase, there are different options to choose from and a range of prices. What you spend largely depends on what you need. If it’s mildly uncomfortable for you at night, you can go with a simple V-shaped pillow to give you some back support for as little as £5.
If you are suffering at night and need something more, there are higher end options offering a more deluxe shape and design to support your back, bump, pelvis and hips for a more comfortable night’s sleep. You will need to raise the budget for one of these as they can cost up to £50. Although more expensive, it’s worth remembering that a pregnancy pillow can double up as a handy nursing pillow when breastfeeding.
Here are our pick of some of the best pregnancy pillows around.
4 In 1 maternity support pillow
- Designed to contour to the shape of the body, the maternity pillow gently supports your bump and hips when sleeping on the side.
- The soft 100 per cent bamboo cover is naturally anti-microbial and moisture absorbent; and the breathable design allows air flow to help temperature control.
- This highly versatile pillow not only offers comfort during pregnancy, but also great back support and can be used when baby arrives for breastfeeding.
- Removable covers that are washable at 40˚c and spare covers are also available.
We love how this pillow is naturally anti-microbial and moisture absorbent for extra hygiene.
V-Shaped Maternity and Nursing Pillow
- This V-shaped pillow supports the back, neck and shoulders during pregnancy and it can be used as a support during breastfeeding.
- It features a removable cover for easy washing and is machine washable at 40°C and is non-allergenic.
- Posture support helps to alleviate back and neck pain.
We love the great price of this V-shaped pillow that can offer so much comfort.
Body Support Pillow
- Soft, supportive extra-large pillow designed to comfort during and after pregnancy.
- It has patented shape contours to support your tummy, back and hips for a better sleep.
- The zipped insert makes this a versatile body pillow for both mum and baby; rolls into a pillow for baby’s tummy time, a toddlers reading chair, or mum’s feeding pillow.
- It’s 100% natural cotton cover is machine washable.
We love the versatility of this pillow for pregnancy comfort and comfort for baby
Maternity and nursing pillow
- This support pillow helps to achieve a more restful sleep from the second trimester onwards.
- This pillow provides discreet support for your tummy, back and knees without taking up too much space.
- The leg support will gently elevate your legs while you sleep so pressure is taken off your back and tummy.
- Once baby has arrived, the DreamGenii can be used as a feeding support pillow.
We love how comfy this pillow is and how easy it is to mould to your needs.