Hectic life as a new mum? You can still make time for some quick beauty fixes
No time for beauty as a new mum? Here are some quick fixes
It’s not easy being a new mum. The ‘me time’ you had before seems to have vanished and your entire day is focused on the needs of the little one. Which is fine, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t still look good. You won’t have hours to spend on beauty rituals but you can still look the part, just by being a little inventive and accepting that beauty post baby is all about shortcuts and quick fixes.
Here are some beauty fixes for tired new mums that may help
1. Mask it: Ok so you don’t have the time or money for expensive spa days or treatments. So do your own 10 minute face mask. A turmeric face mask contains strong anti-aging benefits to give you a real glow. Combine 1 teaspoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of honey and natural yoghurt for a very simple, quick and easy fix. Honey keeps the skin hydrated, and its antibacterial properties prevent breakouts. The lactic acid in the milk will work as a natural cleanser. You can also use turmeric to get rid of spots. Other DIY face mask options include avocado and oatmeal.
2. Concealer is your new best friend when it comes to post-pregnancy skin, to hide the under-eye bags and blemishes that develop when you’re not getting enough sleep. Keep one in your handbag so you can dab it on during the day. And choose a solid formulation, which gives greater coverage. If your dark circles are purple and blue use a yellow tone concealer. Reddish or pink concealers balance out more greenish dark circles. If you’re more red or pink beneath your eyes, go for a concealer with more greenish tones.
3. Use a moisturiser with an SPF factor and a tinted moisturiser. This will save you time and money.
4. You don’t have to fork out a fortune on creams and potions. Coconut oil works really well as a quick exfoliator: It’s inexpensive and easy to apply and does wonders for dehydrated skin. Plus you can use it in the kitchen as well!
5. Fake it: There’s nothing like having a bronzed look but sunshine is often lacking, as is the time to laboriously apply fake tan. You don’t have to spend hours exfoliating, applying and washing it off. Use a quick fix like Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs or Rimmel Sunshimmer to provide an instant glow which you can wash off when you want or one of the moisturisers which builds up to a healthy glow like Dove, Garnier or Palmers. Not only will you look better, you’ll feel it too.
6. Dry shampoo: If you haven’t got time for a blow dry or even a shower, then this is a great option. It’ll buy you at least another day! The best time to use dry shampoo is before bed as it’ll absorb the oil in your hair while you’re sleeping.